Platform IO

alcastelo

• View Profile
Hi there

Any plans to include TinyScreen+ in PlatformIO? 

I know tinyduino is working, but since TiniScreen is diferent processor it need some work to be done

Thanks a lot!!

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
We have not looked at this yet- we are using the same processor as the Arduino Zero, so if that works, it should not be too hard to get our board working. However I am not finding any direct reference to Arduino Zero support for PlatformIO.

alcastelo

• View Profile
Hi there.
First at all, thanks a lot by your reply.

PlatformIO supports the Atmel sam family of processors, zero included :
https://github.com/platformio/platform-atmelsam

I made a little try to get tinyscreen+ working on it, and I get it compiling with a few warnings, but I been unable to make upload to work from inside platformio.

Finaly uploading the firmware with bossac in command line it seems to work perfectly.

I really hope you make a official release, working with the Arduino IDE is a pain for the developer, while platformio gives the posibility of working with Atom, Eclipse or Clion what gets the work a lot easier. By the other hand it opens a new way to show your really great new product to a broader group of developers.

Thanks a lot again by your time and your really great work!!!

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Great, that's what I was looking for. I haven't gotten time to look into it fully, so I'm not sure how/where it grabs (I assume)the Arduino SAMD core and board variant files, I may have to install and take a look at how it's working. Please update here if you get a chance to take a look.

alcastelo

• View Profile
Dear sir.

I just sent you an PM talking about this topic with my files structure.

Thanks for your work.

Hoolean

• View Profile
How can one setup Platform IO to work with the tinyscreen+? I'm still a little new to the Arduino ecosystem at this stage :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 11:19:29 AM by Hoolean »

alcastelo

• View Profile
Hi there.
Tinyscreen+ is not yet supported in official platformIO, but since the samd platform is supported, i did a little work to make the board work, but with a lot of warnings in the compilation.
I just send the info to the board developers, so maybe they could address the issues and make a official support release.

Hoolean

• View Profile
Great, that sounds promising.

Would you be able to send me your method in the mean time as a temporary workaround? It would be great if I could get Platform IO pushing code to my device.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 11:19:47 AM by Hoolean »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk