TinyScreen+ and NFR8001

Andy · 3 · 3566

Andy

• View Profile
I've been trying (rather unsuccessfully) to get BLE working with the tinyScreen+. I've tried the tutorial (BLE), however under boards it does not list the TinyScreen+. I've downloaded the tutorial (NFR_Nordic_BLE*) and it won't even compile as it it thinking AVR.

Do these devices work together? If so, is there an ETA on sample /example? I've been hacking some stuff up, and can't even get things to compile right (see other post regarding compile errors) but being new to the platform etc... makes it an unpleasant slog.

I have a functional CGM receiver (falls under class 2 FDA, secondary display) put together since last week, but the form factor is far too thick to be usable due to multiple boards and was hoping to use the TinyScreen+ as it put the physical size into a good shape for the enclosure. My intent was a prototype by Jan 9th.

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Andy- sorry about the issues with software compatibility, it looks like the tutorial code was accidentally switched to an older AVR only version at some point- we have an updated version at https://codebender.cc/sketch:91073 which should compile for TinyScreen+ correctly, let me know if it does not.

Since codebender is stopping most services at the end of the year, we plan to have this sort of thing cleaned up in the next couple weeks.

Andy

• View Profile
Hi Ben,

I checked your new example and enabled the screen within it. Within the main loop I had it draw some simple animation while scanning / connecting with an Android 4.4.2 motorola phone, followed by some sends / recv's.

Everything works perfectly fine, and I'll be porting / rebuilding this project over the next couple of days.

Thanks for the speedy example update and reply!

Andy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk