FRAM Memory TinyShield?

mike_ekim1024

• View Profile
Only EEPROM is available on the memory tinyshield. When will FRAM become an option?  FRAM supports many, many more writes and is faster than EEPROM.  It is more expensive, of course.

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Mike- missed this. We've had the SRAM/FRAM/FLASH boards built up since the EEPROM board was released, but have not had time to release those- we're hoping to do so early in the year after we increase our staff a bit. The 1Mbit FRAM will definitely be more expensive than the EEPROM unfortunately! The part cost is roughly 3x at low volume. I think the SRAM(1Mbit) and FLASH(8Mbit) can be the same relatively low cost as the EEPROM.

mike_ekim1024

• View Profile
Hi Mike- missed this. We've had the SRAM/FRAM/FLASH boards built up since the EEPROM board was released, but have not had time to release those- we're hoping to do so early in the year after we increase our staff a bit. The 1Mbit FRAM will definitely be more expensive than the EEPROM unfortunately! The part cost is roughly 3x at low volume. I think the SRAM(1Mbit) and FLASH(8Mbit) can be the same relatively low cost as the EEPROM.

I’d be interested in an SRAM board. 2K is so tiny! A virtual memory layer such as https://github.com/rhelmus/virtmem would make working with it trivial, albeit a bit slower.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk