BLE Board Upload Issue

jordyjoe1

• View Profile
I received my Bluetooth LE board a couple days ago and finally got a chance to test it out. The problem is that when I have it connected, I cannot successfully upload to the TinyDuino. I can upload the blink without the BLE board attached, then attach it after powering down, and it will work when it is powered on again. If I try to upload the sketch (or any other sketch) with the BLE board connected, it gives me the following error in the console:

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

I noticed a similar issue on the TinyLily forum, but the only solution suggested was simply to upload without anything connected and then connect it afterwards. Is this really the only solution?

TinyLily post: http://forum.tiny-circuits.com/index.php?topic=160.msg310#msg310

seskindell

• View Profile
Getting this same error message:

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x41

I am not a happy camper right now ... getting ready to send all the
stuff I just ordered from TinyCircuits back. Sent emails, tried calling on phone ... no support.

TinyCircuits

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TinyCircuits Homepage
The error message is due to the fact the BLE board uses the hardware UART, as does the USB board, so they cannot be used at the same time.

For more information and some examples on using the BLE module, check out the learn section of the website:

http://tiny-circuits.com/learn/using-the-bluetooth-low-energy-tinyshield/

Thanks,

Ken Burns
TinyCircuits

jordyjoe1

• View Profile
Is it possible to power the TinyDuino with the USB board with a battery pack (cell phone backup battery) while using the BLE board?

TinyCircuits

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TinyCircuits Homepage
jordyjoe1,

Unfortunately not, the pins will still be used by both the USB and BLE boards, so there will be a contention issue. 

We've just completely a new board rev for the BLE, which adds the option to use different pins than the USB board, so they will both be usable at the same time, these should be available in a few weeks.

Thanks,

Ken Burns
TinyCircuits

jordyjoe1

• View Profile
I'm trying to keep my platform mobile but it needs more power than from a button cell so if I can use a USB cell phone charger to power a Bluetooth connection, that would be great!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk