dual motor tinyshield not working

gnahzc · 4 · 4180

gnahzc

• View Profile
Hi
I'm trying to test the dual motor tinyshield but unable to get it to work.

I have the base board, USB board and the dual motor board stacked up. I used the sample code from the tutorial here:
https://tinycircuits.com/blogs/learn/139786567-dual-motor-tinyshield-tutorial

What I got is "Motor driver not detected!". I traced it to the I2C transaction. Using scope I can see the write to address 0x62 got a NAK. Any idea?

I'm sure my base board and usb board works because they work with the other IMU tinyshield without any problem. The dual motor shield is just out of box. I assume I don't need to connect external power if just for testing communication with the tiny841 through I2C. There's no motor connected either.

Could this simply be a bad board?

Thanks for help!
Chris

gnahzc

• View Profile
I got another one (same dual motor tinyshield) from my coworker and it works fine. So I'm convinced this is hardware issue.

heavyraine002

• View Profile
I am having the exact same problem. Motor driver not detected is the only thing I get no matter what.

Did you try and go back to the old board to solve the problem? I don't think I have another one laying around..

RoddStarr

• View Profile
Hi...i am a new user here. I also faced the same issue and i detected the issue was there in the shield interface. I just replaced it and it worked.
You can check I2C interface also.

pcb assembly usa
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 03:37:15 PM by RoddStarr »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk