Problems uploading sketch to TinySaber

DeepMake_Luke

• View Profile
I'm trying to upload a sketch onto the tinysaber, but I'm having some problems and I'm not sure what the issue is, so if anyone has any insight that would be much apprciated!

Here's the error message I'm, getting:

"Compilation error: fork/exec /Users/luke/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++: bad CPU type in executable"

Some more info: I'm using a 2018 macbook pro, running version 2.10 on the arduino IDE. Also, just in case it's worth mentioning, once the tinysaber is plugged in (and tinysaber rev2 becomes the preselected board) , the option in the tools-->programmer menu for "Arduino as ISP" is no longer present as it states it should be in the instructions page.

Any insight /help very much appreciated  :)

Jason

• Administrator
  • TinyCircuits Employee
    • View Profile
I'm trying to upload a sketch onto the tinysaber, but I'm having some problems and I'm not sure what the issue is, so if anyone has any insight that would be much apprciated!

Here's the error message I'm, getting:

"Compilation error: fork/exec /Users/luke/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++: bad CPU type in executable"

Some more info: I'm using a 2018 macbook pro, running version 2.10 on the arduino IDE. Also, just in case it's worth mentioning, once the tinysaber is plugged in (and tinysaber rev2 becomes the preselected board) , the option in the tools-->programmer menu for "Arduino as ISP" is no longer present as it states it should be in the instructions page.

Any insight /help very much appreciated  :)

The only thing I think to recommend is to follow the TinySaber tutorial while using the 1.8.19 Arduino IDE. You can find that here https://www.arduino.cc/en/software by scrolling down to Legacy IDE (1.8.X)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk