Onboard games gone.

WookieeFart

• View Profile
After I loaded an micro-SD card with the latest TinyArcadeAllGames.zip download and booted up with it.  The system won't boot to the games that it came with (without an micro-SD installed).  This normal?

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
This is normal- the three game preview is a special single self-contained 'game', picking another game overwrites it- but at that point you have an SD card loaded and the old games available.

Afterward the last used game should still be available without the SD card, although some games may expect the SD card to be loaded.

toomuchsoy

• View Profile
Twice now I've seen the title of this thread and first thought it said ONBOARD GAMES GALORE. I get veeery excited and then veeery sad.

calvinthedestroyer

• View Profile
    • Dungeon Studios Prototyping
Twice now I've seen the title of this thread and first thought it said ONBOARD GAMES GALORE. I get veeery excited and then veeery sad.

We will just have to write more games then :)

cmasterdelphi

• Arduino Beginner ;)
    • View Profile
Well, I got my TinyArcarde and after assembling, I wanted to update the menu as suggested on the website.
That worked well thanks to the step-by-step instructions.

Sadly, after the UpDate, all the TinyArcarde said was "Finding SD CArd, SD card not found, looking for game...No Game loaded."

Previous to that, there were 3 games on the TinyArcarde and now they are GONE.
I also cannot find an instruction how to get them back nor find games, I can load onto my MicroSD

Please help me.
1) how can I get back the (first) preinstalled games
2) where can I find more games to copy to my SD Card

chiark

• View Profile
The loader looks for a non-empty memory cell at a certain location (APP_START_ADDRESS+4), and if it finds it, it jumps to there otherwise it pops the "No game loaded." message.

I haven't found a way to load to a specific address via Arduino, nor the actual binaries.  Hopefully TinyCircuits can help here? 

Tabba

• View Profile
Please help me.
1) how can I get back the (first) preinstalled games
2) where can I find more games to copy to my SD Card
Hi there

You can download the Zip file with all the games currently available (including the original three with some additional perks like music) in the Games Section of this page https://tinycircuits.com/pages/tinyarcade. Be sure to copy each game with its own folder in the root of the sd card, also disconnect the USB cable before attempting to load a game from the SD, as otherwise it will freeze mid loading.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk