Won't recognize microsd card

audiodude · 27 · 28964

audiodude

• View Profile
Thanks for posting the update on how to update the "firmware". Is there a way to access the usb port of the TS+ without taking apart the TinyArcade? I've already chipped many of my pieces taking the thing apart and back together again.

toomuchsoy

• View Profile
Thanks for posting the update on how to update the "firmware". Is there a way to access the usb port of the TS+ without taking apart the TinyArcade? I've already chipped many of my pieces taking the thing apart and back together again.

you mean where to plug in the adapter? you can get in from the big hole in the bottom.

calvinthedestroyer

• View Profile
    • Dungeon Studios Prototyping
LOL, Glad to see some good humor in the forum.
Also glad to see the problem resolved without having to change customer's names. :)

trixtrem

• View Profile
hello there, i have managed to load the update firmware, but am still haveing issues with the unit not finding cards. i have used three different cards, a brand new 8gig, a 64gig, and a 128 gig, and none of them are recognised.

help please.

i was thinking i should have left the demo games on.

cheers

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The 8GB one should be the best to use. It needs to be formatted FAT32 which it most likely already is, and the game folders must be in the root directory- the current zip file which you must unzip is at https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1125/2198/files/TinyArcadeAllGames.zip?6453075709680806705

trixtrem

• View Profile
The 8GB one should be the best to use. It needs to be formatted FAT32 which it most likely already is, and the game folders must be in the root directory- the current zip file which you must unzip is at https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1125/2198/files/TinyArcadeAllGames.zip?6453075709680806705

i have just reformated, and loaded th games on, and still is says it cannot find card....

sigh

DwaineM

• View Profile
Make sure you put each individual game folder in the root directory.

If you put one folder with all the game folders in it, in the root directory, it will say it cannot find the card.

trixtrem

• View Profile
Make sure you put each individual game folder in the root directory.

If you put one folder with all the game folders in it, in the root directory, it will say it cannot find the card.

i have read this whole postand done everything that was required, but it is still saying that it cand find card or games....i have re updated the firm ware...still not love.

could there be a fault with the card reader?

cheers

PS this is getting really annoying.

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
We test every board before shipping, but it's always possible that there's a hardware problem. Can you make sure the flex board is completely plugged into the TinyScreen+ board inside the arcade? If it is, send an email to info@tinycircuits.com and we'll figure something out.

Thanks,
Ben

Scarybug

• View Profile
I was going to post that I was having the same issue after going though all the steps to update the menu, but it turns out that the microSD card was formatted as exFAT. I tried a different (smaller) card and it worked right away.

trixtrem

• View Profile
ok so thank you for everyones input... turns out the two boards were still slightly unplugged....i pulled the case apart, and pushed...didnt feel anything click, but the nect time i turned the arcade on...voila it started and all the games were there..

thank thank thank you sll...good times

FluffyStone

• View Profile
I had the same problem. My TinyArcade was working fine, until i connected it through USB to my computer. After that, it would not recognize the SD card. I formatted the card several times and copied the games back, but it did not help. I was already going mad, not being able to fix the problem, when I found this thread. Turned out, that the two boards were not fully connected, which might have been caused by plugging the USB cable in and out. A gentle push on the case solved the problem, the SD card is now recognized again.  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk