Will this work: TinyScreen+ Basic Datalogger

Lansyeys

• View Profile
Hi,

I'm looking at making a wearable device which will prompt the user every 10mins (when awake) with a pager motor and record the users response. The response will be one of 5 options, so it will be a byte per entry.

The inbuilt RTC on a TinyScreen+ will be great for time stamping the response. 32Kb of SRAM at ~100 entries/bytes per day plus a starting time stamp of a few bytes, sholud give me plenty of memory and I guess the battery will run out long before I run out of memory.

I figure I will download the data once a week or so, and charge the device every second night or so, if it will last?

Is there anything I am missing...? Or anything I have wrong?
Any input would be greatly appreciated before I commit to a TinyScreen+ for this application.

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
This sounds possible to me. Keep in mind the RTC time is lost when off or reset, but it should definitely last two or more days(or weeks, depending on pager motor power, screen-on time, etc).

Even a worst case of ~5 bytes(4 byte timestamp, 1 byte data) per data entry, 500 bytes per day in a ~28KB array is quite a few days :)

Lansyeys

• View Profile
Thanks heaps for the response!

Regarding the RTC, I think I will try implement a sleep/low power mode when the battery drops below a certain point anyway, to preserve the data captured. No new data would be requested or read, so this shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks again, I think I have enough info now to commit to a TinyScreen+ for this project.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk