Mechanical Dimensions of TinyScreen+

fgodfrey

• View Profile
Hi!  Short summary of my question:  how tall are the various layers of the Tinyduino+?  Bottom of the connector to the bottom of the circuit board, circuit board thickness, and circuit board to top of screen.

The background, if you really are bored  :) :
I'm working on a project that will use the TinyScreen+, the Nordic Bluetooth module, the 9dof, and a non-Tinyduino NFC card reader (the Xadow NFC connected through a proto-board).  The project will interface with a remote GPS tracker to record camera orientation and who took the pictures (by which NFC tag was last touched) for my wife's photography.

However, in order to do this, I need to put everything in a relatively small case since it'll sit on top of the camera's hot-shoe.  I'm hoping to laser cut the a few layers (similar to the PiBow Raspberry Pi case, but with fewer layers) and then screw that to the front of an existing enclosure.  However, because all the parts are going to be pretty small, I need to get all my thicknesses lined up.  I was going to download the 3d printer files of the watch case and try to reverse engineer it, but I can't find those.

Thanks!

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sorry about the delayed response- Cool project. I hope you have some time to document or post some pictures of it somewhere.

Our PCB thickness is 0.6mm, and stacked board to board spacing is 3.0mm. The height of just the 'top' 32 pin connector is 2.4mm, but on TS+ there is also a 3.0mm tall battery connector. The adhesive and OLED glass measures about 2.6mm- so total thickness at the battery connector is 2.6+0.6+3.0=6.2mm total.

Measuring a stack with TS+, 2 shields and a protoboard without top connector comes to 14.2mm.

fgodfrey

• View Profile
Awesome, this is exactly what I needed!  I'm hoping to post all the information needed to re-create my gadget, once I get it going, including all the various pieces (code, pictures, and laser-cut faceplates for standard cases).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk