Raspberry Pi desktop on tiny screen

Digital

• View Profile
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a nooby question; I would like to have a near eye display, which utilises the tiny screen. I effectively would like the near eye display to be a whole computer, hence being set up to the raspberry pi. I don't want to draw shapes using code, I would like the tiny screen to just stream the raspberry pi desktop. In effect, to give you an idea, I would like in the end to be able to play a game on it, for example; Minecraft. And also be able to look at the desktop, search the Internet etc....

Is this possible and how would I do it?

Also do you guys ship to uk? Any idea how much?

Thanks!
Regards,

Rowan

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
We do ship to the UK with a range of shipping methods- very low cost to very not low cost :) However TinyScreen is not at all suited to displaying a modern computer desktop. You can take a screenshot and resize to 96x64 pixels for an idea of what it would look like.

Darkmoon3d

• View Profile
I'm actually looking for a similar solution but instead of streaming a desktop image from the PI am wondering what type of UI can be used. Am using a Pi zero setup and wanting to simply display data information from the pi device (wifi signal icon, battery percent, device status,  sound volume, device id,etc.) onto the tiny screen. Is there any way to make this possible? Could a tinyduino be setup to receive data from the pi zero?

Grimstone

• Still downloading...
    • View Profile
Technically, you should be able to connect a Pi Zero to a Tinyscreen+ through a simple serial connection. There are many tutorials online for this. You could then treat the Tinscreen+ as a video driver output device and let the Pi Zero handle project processing and content.

percramer

• View Profile
We do something similar. Our core product runs a standard pi3 and it is connected to the tinyscreen+ through a serial connection. We have got a small menu system to setup the ip address on the pi etc. And we show some stats. But we don't use it as a display driver (or something like that), but that is because we run a linux version with out any desktop etc. So we have got a small program that is running as a daemon on the pi. It communicates with the Tinyscreen+ module.

I am a c# programmer by trade, so i am working hard on brushing up my c++ skills. I wrote a small gui lib for this project, i am thinking about putting it up on GitHub, but i first need to clean up the code  :-X

Regards,

Per

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk