Is TinyDuino able to recharge lithium-ion batteries up to 2000mAh?

Fermil · 3 · 3486

Fermil

• View Profile
Hi guys, I am looking for solutions where I can use as much stored energy as possible for long lasting operations (involving actuators). I came across the li-ion batteries sold by Adafruit (similar to many others). On here http://www.adafruit.com/product/2011 they advise to use their Micro Lipo charger, able to provide a 100mA default rate. Is the TinyDuino version supporting li-ion batteries able to do the same? In other words, how long would it take for the TinyDuino to recharge a 2000mAh battery?

Thanks very much

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes- the TinyDuino processor board actually uses the same charge IC as the Adafruit charger, with the same default 100mA charge rate- so theoretically about 20 hours to recharge. Unfortunately changing the charge rate requires changing an 0402 resistor, or hacking in a larger package/through hole resistor- let me know if you want more information on this.

Thanks,
Ben

Fermil

• View Profile
Hi Ben,

thanks for your prompt reply. Indeed having a faster charge rate woudn't be a bad idea, provided that it's safe to do that. It would be great if you could provide more details on how to replace/hack the resistor.

Thanks again

Nando

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk