Can I make Tiny Lily even smaller?

rodrigozanatta

• View Profile
If I make a very careful soldering and very small, can I cut the entire entire area with the soldering holes without damaging the device?

In others words: What is the smaller radious I can cut and not damage the Tiny Lily circuit?

TinyCircuits

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TinyCircuits Homepage
Hi,

I'm not quite sure what you are asking - are you looking to cut away part of the PCB area on the TinyLily processor board?

Thanks,

Ken Burns
TinyCircuits

rodrigozanatta

• View Profile
Yes. I want to cut part of the PCB.

The tiny lily has 14 mm diameter, but I want to put it in a space with 11mm diameter. The question is: There are middle things in the PCB that I can damage if I cut the border area?

I am a beginner in electronic (but I am studying). This question may sound stupid :) But I can pay for someone to do it for me. Other idea was disassemble the chip and the other 3 electronic "things" and rebuild it in a dirty but smaller way.

Do you thing this idea are idiot? Or this "can be" possible?

calvinthedestroyer

• View Profile
    • Dungeon Studios Prototyping
  • You will have to be careful not to crack the board.
  • Be careful not to break those three caps.
  • I would recommend cutting half of the soldering holes off and then use a grinder for the rest of the way.
  • Be sure not to damage any traces.

If you need really small hook-up wire, take some solder wick and un-brad it. the tiny strands work great for rework and small modifications like what you want to do.

I'll warn you! cutting up boards is not for beginners, so be prepared to make some mistakes!

KeithJRome

• View Profile
And wear a dust mask if you cut/grind on the pcb with power tools! FR4 dust is bad for your lungs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk