Conflict error with NRF8001_BLE_Example

ecnelutalf

• View Profile
I am running the latest Arduino IDE (1.6.5) on Windows 10 and I get a compile error on the BLE_Example.

It is setup_msgs cases a section type conflict with __c

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
This something that Nordic hasn't patched yet, but it's an easy fix- see https://github.com/opendroplet/nRF8001/commit/b475b27b3a31e204778e99826b8ceb951627a98d and let me know if you need help finding the lines.

CloudCityEvan

• Senior iOS Developer | twitter: @interactivlogic
    • View Profile
    • Cloud City Development
Hi!

I just wanted to add something to the collective knowledgebase. :)

I went through the exercise of updating the UART.h file in the TinyDuino's sample project per the Github diffs:

Line 78:

Code: [Select]
static const hal_aci_data_t setup_msgs[NB_SETUP_MESSAGES] PROGMEM = SETUP_MESSAGES_CONTENT;
Line 153:

aci_state.aci_setup_info.setup_msgs         = (hal_aci_data_t*)setup_msgs;
...and one by one the errors went away. Hooray!

But then I still had one more compile error that I didn't expect to have:

/Users/username_here/Documents/Arduino/libraries/ble-sdk-arduino-RBL/src/bootloader_setup.cpp:2:20: fatal error: EEPROM.h: No such file or directory
 #include <EEPROM.h>
                    ^
compilation terminated.
Error compiling.

So I thought I should share how I fixed it in my case.

The compiler error message was really odd at first, because it was picking up a file that (or so I thought) shouldn't be included. However, it occurred to me that this was probably due to the compiler's search path and a file from one of my libraries was being included.

I have been doing some experimentation with the nordic and RedBearLab BLE shields with my Arduino Uno, so I had some of those libraries in my folder.

Sure enough, when I moved those temporarily out of the libraries folder, the compilation error went away.

A little inconvenient, but totally fine for now... ;)

Hope this helps someone else in the future who might run into this!
Evan K. Stone | Senior iOS Developer | Cloud City Development | http://www.cloudcity.io

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk