Is the TinyShield BLE Nordic FCC certified?

TinyCircuits

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TinyCircuits Homepage
The WiFi is certified, as is the Bluegiga BLE Shield.  The Nordic shield is not yet certified.

Thanks,

TinyCircuits

tubaman

• View Profile

tubaman

• View Profile
... or should I just use the BlueGiga module instead if I want FCC?

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Missed this. Bluegiga is the way to go if you want FCC certified.

CloudCityEvan

• Senior iOS Developer | twitter: @interactivlogic
    • View Profile
    • Cloud City Development
Sorry to dig this one up, but what are the implications of using a Nordic shield that is not FCC certified? Should we be concerned if we are developing a product/prototype with the Nordic shield vs. the BlueGiga?

This is an interesting question and topic -- one I hadn't thought of since I've never really developed and produced a hardware product like the one we're embarking on.

I guess this is just for prototyping purposes so when we get down to production we'll probably have a separate set of issues, correct? What does one typically do in this scenario?

Thanks!
Evan K. Stone | Senior iOS Developer | Cloud City Development | http://www.cloudcity.io

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If you're developing a product that needs FCC certification, you might want to start with a pre-certified module with a built-in antenna. Then certification is relatively easy. If you have a chipset like the NRF8001, you'll need intentional radiator certification- much more difficult and expensive.

CloudCityEvan

• Senior iOS Developer | twitter: @interactivlogic
    • View Profile
    • Cloud City Development
OK thanks! yeah - I was getting that feeling, so I'll probably use the nRF8001 for prototyping purposes and then switch to another module at a later date. So far things are working well with the nRF8001 but we will definitely need a BLE module that is FCC certified...

Thanks!
Evan K. Stone | Senior iOS Developer | Cloud City Development | http://www.cloudcity.io

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk