Initial pairing of BLE to iphone

user1234

• View Profile
Hi, I am trying to pair my BLE module to my phone. It is not showing up.  I have loaded the script from the site.  I have it connected via the wire.. do I have to have it connected via the battery?

thom

• View Profile
I am using the BlueGiga module and have tried the Nordic Semiconductor base BLE module and I'm not able to get the pairing either.   I did see a URT device listed when I scan but it does not seem to pair.   I'm suspecting I've not loaded the correct Arduino code.   For the BlueGiga BLE tiny board, I followed the directions here: https://www.tiny-circuits.com/learn/tinyshield-ble2.

I'm planning to work some more on it in the next day or so and I'll update the post.   The instructions say to use this sketch: https://tiny-circuits.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/BGLib_stub_slave_rev2-2.zip

And for Android I installed the tiny-circuits app (*.apk).   I was trying various things including the tinyscreen demo.

Sorry I couldn't answer your post, but am interested in others experience who have this working.

thom

• View Profile
Here's an update:

I did get the BLE shield with BlueGiga module working by following the instructions and using the sketch per my previous post.  Not sure what was happening before.   My setup is tinyduino+tinyusb+ble_bluegiga module, powered from the USB download board.   I uploaded the sketch to the tinyduino, then on my android phone went to the bluetooth icon, deselected, then selected it and it brought up the bluetooth devices screen, hit the SCAN on my phone and it found "My Arduino ...." with a number in the ....   I selected the My Arduino ... and it paired.    The LED blink sequence changes from once a second to a couple times a second.  bottom line, it works on pairing.  I would imagine the iPhone has a similar mechanism for pairing.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk