TinyShield 433Mhz Radio

zigguratt

• View Profile
Hey all,

I don't see a lot of information or even mention of the 433Mhz shield here or anywhere else. What are the power requirements for this shield? Can I run it off a coin cell on the processor board?

Is anyone using this shield?

zigguratt

• View Profile
Is there any documentation at all for the 433MHz shield? It seems to be this thing that's for sale but comes with no support whatsoever.

zigguratt

• View Profile
Huh. Not much action on these forums at all. I'm going to have to reconsider using TinyDuino for my commercial products.

Grimstone

• Still downloading...
    • View Profile
There are examples for it on Codebender. Since it is part of the Tiny Circuits system, it should run off their current processor board with LiPo.

blant0n

• View Profile
The radio shield will certainly work whether you have your tinyduino powered over usb, lipo, or a coin cell, you'd probably get better performance out of the lipo compared to the coin cell. What were you planning to use it for? As Grimstone said, there are already example programs on codebender that utilize the radio shield.

zigguratt

• View Profile
Thanks for the replies! I was starting to get very discouraged, not only by the lack of response to my questions, but to the inactivity of these forums in general.

I was wondering what its power requirements were because I want the smallest package possible. I'm building very tiny sensors boxes for my home automation project. I want to stuff a processor board, a 433MHz shield and a proto shield into a tiny box, along with a real-world sensor attached to the proto board and distribute several of them them around the house, sensing various aspects such as light level, temperature, motion, etc. The signals would be aggregated by a Raspberry Pi 2 with a 433MHz receiver and published via WiFi to a MQTT broker.

With that in mind, I think the lithium ion polymer battery makes the most sense. These sensors can't be plugged into power, so having a rechargable battery makes more sense: I could just take down the sensor and plug it in to recharge.

I'll check out Codebender, then. There are many examples out there of using those cheap 433MHz transmitters and receivers but I could find nothing about these Tiny Circuit shields.

Thanks! I'll update this thread when I have something working.

Grimstone

• Still downloading...
    • View Profile
Very cool. Sounds similar in some regards to the wifi sensors I have been tinkering with. Linking them to a Pi. I have not attempted the radio transmitters yet. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk