Temperature, Humidity and Pressure

Tokent · 9 · 9264

Tokent

• View Profile
Is this possible on one board?
Or can I take solutions from e.g. LilyPad?
Are they compatible with TinyDuino?

TinyCircuits

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TinyCircuits Homepage
Sure, this would be possible to do on one board.  If there are sensors for other systems (like from Sparkfun or Adafruit) you should definitely be able to interface them with the TinyLily or TinyDuino systems. 

Regarding temperature, humidity and pressure, we are working on some new sensor boards that will officially announced in late July that will help with this :)

Thanks,

Ken

JockMacMad

• View Profile
I am looking for temperature and humidity, i do not need pressure but if it is there no issue. I was thinking of a board with something like the SHT1x sensor.

camillo777

• View Profile
Any news on this?
I would be quite interested with the addition of the wifi shield and a coin battery cell shield to have a simple all-in-one wireless weather station.
Thank you!
Camillo

TinyCircuits

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TinyCircuits Homepage
Hi Camillo,

We actually have about 10 new boards that have been developed and being prototyped up now, we hope to announce these in early Dec.

One note is that some of the boards are power hungry (like the WiFi), so you'll need a larger power source than the coin cell to run these, such as a small Li-Ion battery for your weather station. 

Thanks,

Ken
TinyCircuits

camillo777

• View Profile
HI Ken,
here it says something interesting on CC3000 low power consumption.
http://e2e.ti.com/support/low_power_rf/f/851/t/162231.aspx

The idea for the weather station is to take a sample every X seconds, send it over the air to a central server (RPi, ...) optionally write to SD and then go to sleep mode.

(I have also another idea about this low power usage, like GPS + GSM for track data logging)

Please let me know!

dewhisna

• View Profile
I just got a product announcement from Digi-Key for a new Honeywell Digital Humidity/Temperature sensor IC and it looks to be pretty low-power.   Available both as I2C and SPI and has a 14-bit ADC.  Doesn't have the pressure sensor that was also requested (so there goes barometric pressure), but may be a possibility for the other two:

http://www.digikey.com/product-highlights/us/en/honeywell-humidicon-digital-sensors/25

Grimstone

• Still downloading...
    • View Profile
A THP sensor would be an awesome edition to this product line.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk